Welcome to this new little number I like to call Fact Friday!
I’ll tell you cool facts about interesting, and average, things.
Have a suggestion? Leave it in the comments section below.
This weeks Fact Friday! is dedicated to:
- Apples are a member of the rose family.
- Apples contain no fat, sodium, or cholesterol and are a good source of fiber.
- Two-thirds of that fiber, and lots of antioxidants in apples, are found in the peel.
- A peck of apples weighs 10.5 pounds. A bushel of apples weighs about 42 pounds.
- Apples float because 25% of their volume is made up of air.
- Many apples contain malic acid, a chemical used in teeth whitening products that helps dissolve stains.
- Many apples have a natural wax applied to them after they’re harvested, which helps keep out bacteria and slows the ripening process.
- Apple seeds contain a cyanide compound. So harvest them for your enemies.
- Apples contain high levels of boron, which increases mental alertness.
- Malusdomesticaphobia is the fear of apples… #dafuq?
An apple a day, am I right?
Well that’s it for this week! Hope you enjoyed learning about apples.
Have a better topic suggestion? Leave it in the comments below!